Mt. Saint Caffiena: Psalms at the Well

Psalms at the Well is an offshoot of Mt. Saint Caffiena. I will be posting mainly Psalms and Proverbs here, with notations for quick reference. Expect nothing profound, and you just might find it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a semi-retired deputy sheriff. I live on a former farm, with 10 acres dedicated to a flock of sadistic sheep and one draft horse. I share my home with my four youngest daughters, and the occasional field mouse. Okay, my brother bunks on the top floor, but we try to ignore him.
I don't give out legal advice, and I don't publish comments that are derogatory towards my family or colleagues.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

God Comforts and Protects

Psalm 121


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



A song of ascents.

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills -
where does my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.


3 He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;


4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.


5 The LORD watches over you -
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;


6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.


7 The LORD will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life;


8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.


The Lord watches over us, eternally powerful and strong. Although at times it seems like we can not face a crisis or situation, God is always there with us. Much like the well-known poem "Footprints", during our times of greatest struggle, it has been God who carried us through.

Sometimes bad things happen in life, but never without reason. While we struggle through difficult times, we should place our faith in Him, that He reveals His will to us. Every minute of the day is a learning opportunity, and every opportunity leads to a stronger walk with God. Be not afraid.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who is close to God and walks in his footsteps feels his presence, and also hears the promptings of the Holy Ghost to guide and direct us. Thane, this post lifted me up as I know it will others. BiddyBabyKelly

Friday, May 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home